Fund page updated.
Some pictures of my nephew’s room where the fire originated. His stuff is a total loss, as is much of his parents’ stuff which was in the room next door. They shared a heat vent so the smoke damage hit them hard even though the fire didn’t, then came the fire hoses.
The biggest salvation was him not being home when this happened.
It apparently started because he overloaded a power strip and left his air conditioner running while he was gone. No one thought to turn it off, figuring the breaker would blow if overloaded. Failing that, the smoke alarms should have warned them. They didn’t go off, period,until after the door had been opened and flames leaped up.
I gripe a lot about my family, I know, and they can be really shitty. But I had a home burn once and they helped me out…
View original post 53 more words