First off…I am not trying to get this circulating again for my family. I am, however, deeply concerned about my 17 year old nephew. The temporary apartment my family acquired has one bedroom which my sister and her husband took, leaving my elderly mom and her elderly disabled roommate sleeping in the living room.
The true loser in all this is my nephew, C. It was his overloaded power strip that caused the fire. It was his room that caught all the fire damage, destroying most of everything he owned. He lost more than any of them.
Instead of being with his family, due to lack of space, he has been staying with his girlfriend. You can tell how depressed he is, how responsible he feels, and how absolutely hurtful it is that the adults took care of themselves first and left him to fend for himself, mostly. Of course…
View original post 317 more words